Good morning each.
I trust you will be going to the greatest Family History Show in the North of England: Sept 14, King Georges Hall, Blackburn. This is part of our 40th Anniverary celebrations. There will be a host of exhibitors and speakers, details on our website homepage at
The Society branches are also making their own arrangements to celebrate the anniversary.
Most of the energy of the LFHHS Management Team has been taken up making sure that the Fair provides a real experience for visitors.
Other things that have been occupying our efforts
• establishing new Copyright procedures to protect the Society and its projects contributors.
• how we might commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Outbreak of World War 1
• increasing Society revenue
• declining membership
• future development of the Society
• our journey into Social Media – LFHHSOnline, Facebook and Twitter, with plans for Google+ streamed conferencing and events
Congratulations to the LFHHS team of contributors to the Lancashire BMD project for adding their 10 millionth name to the database, a terrific achievement.
I intend keeping you up to date with Society Developments on a regular basis in the coming months.